Terms and Conditions
- The GatewayC Learning Zone is a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which offers file sharing and communication tools to users. The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) provides these services subject to the following rules and guidelines.
- All users are required to agree to these terms before being granted access to the VLE. By using the VLE, users agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately.
- If users do not agree to be bound by all the following terms they should cease using the VLE and notify The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) immediately.
- This Agreement applies to all persons accessing or using the VLE. This includes users, faculty, staff and authorised guests.
- All users with access to confidential data are to utilise all appropriate precautions to maintain the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of the data and ensure that no unauthorised disclosures occur.
- All users should be aware that personally identifiable information (particularly that relating to patients) should not be uploaded on to the VLE.
Copyrights and licenses
- Software may not be copied, installed or used on the VLE except as permitted by The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) and by law.
- All copyrighted information, such as film, text and images, retrieved from, or uploaded onto, the VLE, must be used in conformance with applicable copyright and other laws.
- Copied material, used legally, must be properly attributed in conformance with applicable legal and professional standards.
- The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) retains the right to enforce legal remedies where unauthorised reproduction, distribution, or exhibition of copyrighted materials has been undertaken.
- Copyright of the course materials and content of the VLE are owned or controlled by The Christie NHS Foundation Trust unless otherwise stated.
Data monitoring and use
- Users should be aware that electronic data, software, and communications files are copied to backup tapes and stored. Items that were deleted may be preserved on backup tapes and retrieved if necessary.
- All activity on systems and networks may be monitored, logged, and reviewed by system administrators; this may include IP addresses, pages visited and browser information. In the event of any infringement of this Agreement such evidence may be used to support any legal action.
Online communication and etiquette
- Users should be aware that the School of Oncology requires all users of the VLE to observe appropriate etiquette in relation to all online communication.
- Users should never use language, which is, or could be construed to be, offensive to others.
- When given access to the VLE, users must choose an appropriate password, guard the security of that password, and abide by the password protection practices.
- Activities on the VLE are fully audited. Records are kept of when users access courses and resources along with a log of all communications such as forum posts, etc.
- Users should not post personal or sensitive information to any part of the VLE including their profile, blogs, or any course activities. Information sent through the VLE may be read by third parties.
- Users must only use the access codes and privileges associated with their account and utilize the account for the purposes for which they were authorised.
- The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any of the content which appears on the VLE at any time and without prior notice.
- Whilst The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) takes appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, alteration, disclosure or accidental loss of personal and other data, it cannot and does not give any warranties or undertakings to the user about security, confidentiality or integrity of data, personal or other.
- The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) VLE may contain links to other websites outside The School’s control and that The School is not responsible for the content or accessibility of these sites.
- The use of any information or materials on the VLE is entirely at the user’s own risk, for which The School of Oncology (The Christie NHS Foundation Trust) shall not be liable. It shall be the user’s own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this VLE meet specific requirements.
If you have any query in relation to this policy, please contact:
The Christie School of Oncology
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, United Kingdom