Neutropenic sepsis is a potentially fatal complication of anticancer treatment (particularly chemotherapy). Helpful hint: NICE have produced a COVID-19 rapid guideline on the delivery of systemic anticancer treatments. If patients present with COVID-19 symptoms this...
World Pancreatic Awareness Day
Latest from the Blog
Friday 27th November 2020 Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Improving Early Diagnosis? Watch our recording here. In this webinar, GatewayC met Dr Anthony Cunliffe, Joint National Lead Macmillan GP Adviser, and Dr Ben Noble, East Midlands Cancer Alliance and Cancer...
Thursday 19th November 2020 Did you miss our free webinar on Lung Cancer vs COVID-19? Watch it here. Beginning a conversation on the topic of resuscitation with your patient and their families can be difficult. Often, resuscitation is best discussed in the context of...
Friday 13th November 2020 Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Effective Telephone Consultations? Watch our recording here. In this webinar, GatewayC met Alison Franklin, a Senior Trainer at the Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit based at The Christie, who...
Thursday 19th November 2020
Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020.
Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours?
In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms. Moreover, symptoms can be non-specific and may fluctuate in presentation.
Our course will support you to:
- Recognise a number of, often vague, symptoms that can be associated with pancreatic cancer
- Consider the significance of sudden onset diabetes in patients for whom this would be unexpected
- Confidently assess the need for referral in accordance with NICE NG12 guidelines
Our course includes a full interview with Consultant Surgeon, Mr. Derek O’Reilly, which explores new-onset diabetes and pancreatic cancer diagnoses.
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course here
- Read our Cancer Key on Pancreatic Cancer and New-Onset Diabetes here
- Read our Cancer Key on Jaundice and Pancreatic Cancer here
- Read our Cancer Key on RUQ Pain in Pancreatic Cancer here