26th August 2021
We are delighted to announce that GatewayC’s ‘Supporting Your Patients’ course is now available to all healthcare professionals across England.
A cancer diagnosis can have a significant impact on an individual’s life. Our new course explores how healthcare professionals can support those individuals at different stages of their cancer experience.
Don’t have a GatewayC account? Register for free here
The course will support you to:
- Recognise and support the emotional, social and physical needs of the individual at each stage of their cancer journey
- Prepare patients for cancer treatments
- Understand when and where to signpost/refer the individual for support and information
The course should take approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
“I feel more confident and have a better structure to follow to ensure a patient’s cancer journey is managed well.” – Registered GP
The course includes specialist interviews from:
- Dr Anthony Cunliffe, GP and the National Lead GP Advisor for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dr Ashling Lillis, Consultant in Acute Medicine and a National Consultant Advisor at Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dr Pauline Leonard, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Dr Karen McEwan, GP, Macmillan GP Cancer Care Commissioning Lead, GP Lead for Planned Care and Primary Care Lead for Prehab4Cancer
- Zoe Merchant, Programme Lead for the Prehab4Cancer and Recovery Programme
- Robin Muir, Clinical Psychologist at Maggie’s Manchester
- Anne Crook, Counsellor and CBT Psychotherapist
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s ‘Supporting Your Patients’ course here
- Watch GatewayC Live’s webinar ‘Supporting Your Cancer Patients’ on-demand here