21st May 2021
Missed our GatewayC Live webinar? Watch the recording here.
In this webinar, GatewayC met Dr Laura Cove-Smith, Consultant in Medical Oncology, and Dr Ahmed Salem, Clinical Senior Lecturer in Lung Cancer Research and Honorary Clinical Oncology Consultant.
Our speakers answered key questions from our audience, which included:
- What can primary care practitioners do when we see patients with potential side-effects from immunotherapy or radiotherapy?
- Is there any correlation between the level of toxicity and response to treatment?
- Are there any red flags for picking up the signs and symptoms of immunotherapy?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on patients undergoing immunotherapy?
- Should patients undergoing immunotherapy have the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Is immunotherapy always given as an IV?
- How useful is the UKONS tool and does this cover the side effects of immunotherapy?
- How quickly will side-effects occur, for example radiation pneumonitis?
- Can radiation-induced colitis occur after the completion of radiotherapy?
- How long after radiotherapy can memory loss occur?
Find our more:
- Access GatewayC’s full webinar library here
- Watch this recorded webinar here
- Access GatewayC’s ‘Managing Physical Effects’ course here