7th June 2022
Taking a patient’s history and assessing risk factors is a vital part of the consultation. When assessing a concerning mole, it is important to ask questions related to the topics below:
- Do you have a family history of skin cancer?
- Have you ever had skin cancer previously?
- How often are you exposed to the sun / UV light?
- What is or was your occupation? Have you ever used sunbeds?
- Do you have a lot of moles?
- Are you on immunosuppressant medication?
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s ‘Skin Cancer – Early Diagnosis’ course here
- Watch GatewayC Live’s webinar ‘Skin Cancer: Best Practice in Primary Care’ here
- Read NICE NG12 guidance here