Thursday 8th April 2020 GatewayC have produced a list of cancer charity support lines; for patients who may be worried about their cancer diagnosis or concerned how coronavirus may affect their cancer treatment. Please download this PDF resource or find the list of...
World Pancreatic Awareness Day
Latest from the Blog
Neutropenic sepsis is a potentially fatal complication of anticancer treatment (particularly chemotherapy). Helpful hint: NICE have produced a COVID-19 rapid guideline on the delivery of systemic anticancer treatments. If patients present with COVID-19 symptoms this...
Up to 1 in 10 patients do not attend their two week wait appointment, with some patients not understanding the seriousness of the referral. This statistic shows how important it is for GPs to share their concerns around the possibility of cancer, but knowing what to...
Finger clubbing, also known as digital clubbing or Hippocratic fingers, is a phrase used to describe specific changes to the shape of the fingers and fingernails. It can be a sign of various diseases, including lung cancer. How to recognise finger clubbing Finger...
Thursday 19th November 2020
Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020.
Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours?
In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms. Moreover, symptoms can be non-specific and may fluctuate in presentation.
Our course will support you to:
- Recognise a number of, often vague, symptoms that can be associated with pancreatic cancer
- Consider the significance of sudden onset diabetes in patients for whom this would be unexpected
- Confidently assess the need for referral in accordance with NICE NG12 guidelines
Our course includes a full interview with Consultant Surgeon, Mr. Derek O’Reilly, which explores new-onset diabetes and pancreatic cancer diagnoses.
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course here
- Read our Cancer Key on Pancreatic Cancer and New-Onset Diabetes here
- Read our Cancer Key on Jaundice and Pancreatic Cancer here
- Read our Cancer Key on RUQ Pain in Pancreatic Cancer here