Thursday 7th May 2020 Discussing suspected cancer symptoms over the phone can be challenging. To navigate this, we have created a downloadable PDF resource for primary care teams, in partnership with The Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit. This resource covers...
World Pancreatic Awareness Day
Latest from the Blog
Potential pitfall: There has been a significant reduction in suspected cancer referrals during the COVID-19 crisis. Yet, lung cancer is a major cause of premature death in the UK. Clinician’s must identify those at risk of lung cancer and investigate when appropriate,...
Friday 8th November 2019 A consultation has been launched into a NICE guideline that currently recommends x-rays for suspected lung cancer cases. Recent research by the British Journal of General Practice reaffirms a 2006 study in finding that the sensitivity of chest...
Friday 1st November 2019 An article published in The Lancet last month reported that global incidence of pancreatic cancer had more than doubled from 1990 compared to 2017. Despite poorer outcomes for patients diagnosed late, early diagnosis of the disease remains a...
Thursday 19th November 2020
Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020.
Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours?
In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms. Moreover, symptoms can be non-specific and may fluctuate in presentation.
Our course will support you to:
- Recognise a number of, often vague, symptoms that can be associated with pancreatic cancer
- Consider the significance of sudden onset diabetes in patients for whom this would be unexpected
- Confidently assess the need for referral in accordance with NICE NG12 guidelines
Our course includes a full interview with Consultant Surgeon, Mr. Derek O’Reilly, which explores new-onset diabetes and pancreatic cancer diagnoses.
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course here
- Read our Cancer Key on Pancreatic Cancer and New-Onset Diabetes here
- Read our Cancer Key on Jaundice and Pancreatic Cancer here
- Read our Cancer Key on RUQ Pain in Pancreatic Cancer here