Tuesday 15th September 2020 It’s World Lymphoma Awareness Day. Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Lymphoma – Early Diagnosis course supported by Lymphoma Action? Lymphoma has many non-site specific symptoms and patients can often visit...
World Pancreatic Awareness Day
Latest from the Blog
Potential pitfall: Faecal calprotectin testing is an incredibly sensitive investigation for detecting the presence of inflammation. It is raised in a wide variety of conditions including malignancy, inflammatory bowel disease and alcohol misuse. It is therefore not...
Thursday 30th July 2020 GatewayC and the Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit have partnered to produce this resource below. Missed our free webinar on Effective Telephone Consultations? Watch it here. We’ve all experienced the “doorknob disclosure” when the...
Thursday 23rd July 2020 Treatment for pelvic cancers can cause numerous gastrointestinal symptoms. Many patients will experience altered bowel function or other late effects, and often find them extremely concerning, as the symptoms experienced can mirror some of...
Thursday 19th November 2020
Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020.
Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours?
In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms. Moreover, symptoms can be non-specific and may fluctuate in presentation.
Our course will support you to:
- Recognise a number of, often vague, symptoms that can be associated with pancreatic cancer
- Consider the significance of sudden onset diabetes in patients for whom this would be unexpected
- Confidently assess the need for referral in accordance with NICE NG12 guidelines
Our course includes a full interview with Consultant Surgeon, Mr. Derek O’Reilly, which explores new-onset diabetes and pancreatic cancer diagnoses.
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course here
- Read our Cancer Key on Pancreatic Cancer and New-Onset Diabetes here
- Read our Cancer Key on Jaundice and Pancreatic Cancer here
- Read our Cancer Key on RUQ Pain in Pancreatic Cancer here