Potential pitfall: In the early course of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms. However, sudden onset diabetes in groups of patients for whom this would be unexpected can be an early indicator. Helpful hint: NICE NG12 guidelines recommend...
Improve the quality of your referral with GatewayC
Latest from the Blog
Friday 9th October 2020 Did you miss our free webinar on Lung Cancer vs COVID-19? Watch it here. Most individuals and their families work through the transition into end of life care differently. This means healthcare professionals are often faced with families who...
Tuesday 15th September 2020 It’s World Lymphoma Awareness Day. Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Lymphoma – Early Diagnosis course supported by Lymphoma Action? Lymphoma has many non-site specific symptoms and patients can often visit...
Friday 4th September 2020 It’s World Leukaemia Day today. Are you confident in spotting the early signs of Leukaemia? Why not brush up on your knowledge and complete our free online Acute Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis and Chronic Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis courses...
Friday 25th September 2020
Are you seeking to improve your suspected cancer referrals?
Our Improving the Quality of Your Referral course aims to assist you with this and covers:
- Clinical decision making
- Helping to reduce DNAs
- Key information to include in a referral
- Safety netting
- What patients want to know
- The Cancer Maps
If you would like to learn more:
- Access GatewayC’s Improving the Quality of Your Referral course here
- Register for GatewayC’s free webinar on Safety Netting in Primary Care here
- Access Dr Ben Noble’s The Cancer Maps here
- Access the PCN DES specification (Early Cancer Diagnosis section 7.4) here
- Access the QOF Quality Improvement domain here