Wednesday 15th April 2020 People with certain cancers and those who have received or are receiving certain treatments are at risk of severe illness if they catch coronavirus (COVID-19). One Cancer Voice charities (in partnership with NHS England) have confirmed this...
Improve the quality of your referral with GatewayC
Latest from the Blog
Thursday 9th April 2020 For many primary care professionals this is a time of increased pressure and stress. Prioritisation of your own health and wellbeing is important at this time: it is infinitely more challenging to provide outstanding care for others, when you...
New tool for GPs to tackle late cancer diagnosis Thursday 18 July 2019 A new patient-recommended tool for GPs is being launched across England in a bid to catch cancers sooner. Known as GatewayC, the innovative online training tool has already shown promising early...
Besides a lump, pruritus (or itching) can be another associated symptom of lymphoma. Potential Pitfall It is easy to associate pruritus with a less serious condition because of how general this symptom is. Furthermore, usually the itching does not usually present with...
Friday 25th September 2020
Are you seeking to improve your suspected cancer referrals?
Our Improving the Quality of Your Referral course aims to assist you with this and covers:
- Clinical decision making
- Helping to reduce DNAs
- Key information to include in a referral
- Safety netting
- What patients want to know
- The Cancer Maps
If you would like to learn more:
- Access GatewayC’s Improving the Quality of Your Referral course here
- Register for GatewayC’s free webinar on Safety Netting in Primary Care here
- Access Dr Ben Noble’s The Cancer Maps here
- Access the PCN DES specification (Early Cancer Diagnosis section 7.4) here
- Access the QOF Quality Improvement domain here