Thursday 21st May 2020 Managing a patient’s fear of cancer recurrence and health anxiety can be difficult. After treatment, many patients want to have the reassurance that they are cured. Generally it is not possible for health care professionals to say with absolute...
Improve the quality of your referral with GatewayC
Latest from the Blog
Wednesday 13th May 2020 In times of uncertainty safety netting is an important part of the primary care consultation and referral process. When followed correctly, safety netting can help ensure patients are monitored appropriately and follow-ups take place where...
Monday 30th December 2019 With 2019 drawing to a close, we've rounded up some of the most popular tips from GatewayC this year, based on our users' comments and feedback. Take a look below! Chest x-rays aren’t as accurate as you may think... NICE consulted on...
Thursday 12th December 2019 The National Cancer Diagnosis Audit found that 34% of stomach cancer diagnoses had avoidable delays. This course is developed with and for primary care professionals to look at the different ways to assess and manage a patient's potential...
Friday 25th September 2020
Are you seeking to improve your suspected cancer referrals?
Our Improving the Quality of Your Referral course aims to assist you with this and covers:
- Clinical decision making
- Helping to reduce DNAs
- Key information to include in a referral
- Safety netting
- What patients want to know
- The Cancer Maps
If you would like to learn more:
- Access GatewayC’s Improving the Quality of Your Referral course here
- Register for GatewayC’s free webinar on Safety Netting in Primary Care here
- Access Dr Ben Noble’s The Cancer Maps here
- Access the PCN DES specification (Early Cancer Diagnosis section 7.4) here
- Access the QOF Quality Improvement domain here