Friday 4th September 2020 It’s World Leukaemia Day today. Are you confident in spotting the early signs of Leukaemia? Why not brush up on your knowledge and complete our free online Acute Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis and Chronic Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis courses...
Improve the quality of your referral with GatewayC
Latest from the Blog
Potential pitfall: A migraine headache is typically a unilateral, frontal, throbbing headache which may be associated with photophobia or phonophobia. Although the intensity can vary, the characteristics of the headache tend not to change. Helpful hint: The most...
Friday 17th July 2020 It is essential to monitor a neck lump closely, measuring and remarking if it is hard, mobile or fixed. It is also important to record the number of nodes found, if they are changing over a period of time, and refer the patient urgently if there...
Thursday 25th June 2020 Dr Ben Noble’s RCGP award-winning Cancer Maps is a popular interactive reference tool for GPs based on the NICE NG12 guideline; primarily, the tool is designed to be used during consultations to help clinicians assess possible cancer symptoms....
Friday 25th September 2020
Are you seeking to improve your suspected cancer referrals?
Our Improving the Quality of Your Referral course aims to assist you with this and covers:
- Clinical decision making
- Helping to reduce DNAs
- Key information to include in a referral
- Safety netting
- What patients want to know
- The Cancer Maps
If you would like to learn more:
- Access GatewayC’s Improving the Quality of Your Referral course here
- Register for GatewayC’s free webinar on Safety Netting in Primary Care here
- Access Dr Ben Noble’s The Cancer Maps here
- Access the PCN DES specification (Early Cancer Diagnosis section 7.4) here
- Access the QOF Quality Improvement domain here