Monday 26th April 2021
Missed our GatewayC Live webinar? Watch the recording here.
In this webinar, GatewayC followed up with Alison Franklin, Senior Trainer at the Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit. After a year of increased telephone consultations, we discussed what we have learnt since we covered this topic last July and how we can best utilise telephone consultations going forward.
Our speakers answered key questions from our audience, which included:
- Do you think healthcare professionals feel more pulled to ‘fix things’ with emotional distress on the phone? Particularly with palliative care patients, is there anything in addition to listening which is helpful?
- Any tips on how we can gather information when a patient seems vague?
- How can we minimise the risks surrounding telephone consultations?
- How can we best approach telephone consultations with patients with cognitive decline?
- How can I best end a call with an angry patient? (This is covered in our Chronic Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis course)
Find out more:
- Access GatewayC’s full webinar library here
- Watch this recorded webinar here
- Access GatewayC’s Chronic Leukaemia – Early Diagnosis course here