Thursday 19th November 2020 Did you miss our free webinar on Lung Cancer vs COVID-19? Watch it here. Beginning a conversation on the topic of resuscitation with your patient and their families can be difficult. Often, resuscitation is best discussed in the context of...
Meet the specialists: acute leukaemia Q&A
Latest from the Blog
Thursday 19th November 2020 Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020. Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours? In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not...
Friday 13th November 2020 Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Effective Telephone Consultations? Watch our recording here. In this webinar, GatewayC met Alison Franklin, a Senior Trainer at the Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit based at The Christie, who...
Friday 6th November 2020 People living with cancer or undergoing cancer treatment are often immunosuppressed and at higher risk of catching the flu. After cancer treatment, a patient’s resistance to infection might be low for some months or years. It is recommended...
Friday 23rd October 2020
Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Acute Leukaemia? Watch our recording here.
In this webinar GatewayC met Dr Amit Patel, a Consultant in Cellular Therapies and Stem Cell Transplantation, who answered key questions from our audience. These included:
- If a patient has persistent fatigue, what level of duration should give you concern?
- What sort of indicators should ring alarm bells in a full blood count?
- Should I be concerned if my patient has mild macrocytosis with no change over three months?
- Can epistaxis be a presenting feature of leukaemia?
- How often do you palpate an enlarged spleen or enlarged lymph nodes?
- Can folate deficiency mask macrocytosis?
Watch our free webinar here to learn more.
In our upcoming ‘Meet the Specialists’ series we will be speaking to Dr Ben Noble, Dr Anthony Cunliffe and Professor Gordon Jayson.
Find out more:
- Watch GatewayC’s full webinar library here