Neutropenic sepsis is a potentially fatal complication of anticancer treatment (particularly chemotherapy). Helpful hint: NICE have produced a COVID-19 rapid guideline on the delivery of systemic anticancer treatments. If patients present with COVID-19 symptoms this...
Meet the specialists: acute leukaemia Q&A
Latest from the Blog
Friday 27th November 2020 Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Improving Early Diagnosis? Watch our recording here. In this webinar, GatewayC met Dr Anthony Cunliffe, Joint National Lead Macmillan GP Adviser, and Dr Ben Noble, East Midlands Cancer Alliance and Cancer...
Thursday 19th November 2020 Did you miss our free webinar on Lung Cancer vs COVID-19? Watch it here. Beginning a conversation on the topic of resuscitation with your patient and their families can be difficult. Often, resuscitation is best discussed in the context of...
Thursday 19th November 2020 Today is World Pancreatic Awareness Day 2020. Why not increase your knowledge and complete our free online Pancreatic Cancer – Early Diagnosis course and collect 2 CPD hours? In the early stages of the disease, pancreatic cancer may not...
Friday 23rd October 2020
Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Acute Leukaemia? Watch our recording here.
In this webinar GatewayC met Dr Amit Patel, a Consultant in Cellular Therapies and Stem Cell Transplantation, who answered key questions from our audience. These included:
- If a patient has persistent fatigue, what level of duration should give you concern?
- What sort of indicators should ring alarm bells in a full blood count?
- Should I be concerned if my patient has mild macrocytosis with no change over three months?
- Can epistaxis be a presenting feature of leukaemia?
- How often do you palpate an enlarged spleen or enlarged lymph nodes?
- Can folate deficiency mask macrocytosis?
Watch our free webinar here to learn more.
In our upcoming ‘Meet the Specialists’ series we will be speaking to Dr Ben Noble, Dr Anthony Cunliffe and Professor Gordon Jayson.
Find out more:
- Watch GatewayC’s full webinar library here