Thursday 8th April 2020 GatewayC have produced a list of cancer charity support lines; for patients who may be worried about their cancer diagnosis or concerned how coronavirus may affect their cancer treatment. Please download this PDF resource or find the list of...
Meet the specialists: acute leukaemia Q&A
Latest from the Blog
Neutropenic sepsis is a potentially fatal complication of anticancer treatment (particularly chemotherapy). Helpful hint: NICE have produced a COVID-19 rapid guideline on the delivery of systemic anticancer treatments. If patients present with COVID-19 symptoms this...
Up to 1 in 10 patients do not attend their two week wait appointment, with some patients not understanding the seriousness of the referral. This statistic shows how important it is for GPs to share their concerns around the possibility of cancer, but knowing what to...
Finger clubbing, also known as digital clubbing or Hippocratic fingers, is a phrase used to describe specific changes to the shape of the fingers and fingernails. It can be a sign of various diseases, including lung cancer. How to recognise finger clubbing Finger...
Friday 23rd October 2020
Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Acute Leukaemia? Watch our recording here.
In this webinar GatewayC met Dr Amit Patel, a Consultant in Cellular Therapies and Stem Cell Transplantation, who answered key questions from our audience. These included:
- If a patient has persistent fatigue, what level of duration should give you concern?
- What sort of indicators should ring alarm bells in a full blood count?
- Should I be concerned if my patient has mild macrocytosis with no change over three months?
- Can epistaxis be a presenting feature of leukaemia?
- How often do you palpate an enlarged spleen or enlarged lymph nodes?
- Can folate deficiency mask macrocytosis?
Watch our free webinar here to learn more.
In our upcoming ‘Meet the Specialists’ series we will be speaking to Dr Ben Noble, Dr Anthony Cunliffe and Professor Gordon Jayson.
Find out more:
- Watch GatewayC’s full webinar library here