Thursday 7th May 2020 Discussing suspected cancer symptoms over the phone can be challenging. To navigate this, we have created a downloadable PDF resource for primary care teams, in partnership with The Maguire Communication Skills Training Unit. This resource covers...
Meet the specialists: acute leukaemia Q&A
Latest from the Blog
Potential pitfall: There has been a significant reduction in suspected cancer referrals during the COVID-19 crisis. Yet, lung cancer is a major cause of premature death in the UK. Clinician’s must identify those at risk of lung cancer and investigate when appropriate,...
Friday 8th November 2019 A consultation has been launched into a NICE guideline that currently recommends x-rays for suspected lung cancer cases. Recent research by the British Journal of General Practice reaffirms a 2006 study in finding that the sensitivity of chest...
Friday 1st November 2019 An article published in The Lancet last month reported that global incidence of pancreatic cancer had more than doubled from 1990 compared to 2017. Despite poorer outcomes for patients diagnosed late, early diagnosis of the disease remains a...
Friday 23rd October 2020
Missed our free GatewayC webinar on Acute Leukaemia? Watch our recording here.
In this webinar GatewayC met Dr Amit Patel, a Consultant in Cellular Therapies and Stem Cell Transplantation, who answered key questions from our audience. These included:
- If a patient has persistent fatigue, what level of duration should give you concern?
- What sort of indicators should ring alarm bells in a full blood count?
- Should I be concerned if my patient has mild macrocytosis with no change over three months?
- Can epistaxis be a presenting feature of leukaemia?
- How often do you palpate an enlarged spleen or enlarged lymph nodes?
- Can folate deficiency mask macrocytosis?
Watch our free webinar here to learn more.
In our upcoming ‘Meet the Specialists’ series we will be speaking to Dr Ben Noble, Dr Anthony Cunliffe and Professor Gordon Jayson.
Find out more:
- Watch GatewayC’s full webinar library here